BC Hydro Site C Clean Energy Project (3)
Site C Clean Energy Project: Outdoor Recreation Management Plan
As a result of the effects on recreation and navigation resultant from the project, a Outdoor Recreation Management Plan was prepared to address the effects of the creation of the reservoir and effects on recreation and use. Identifying mitigative measures was a critical component of this review and included:
- Build and operate three permanent Site C reservoir boat launches, which would include docks and day use areas, at Cache Creek, Lynx Creek and the area of the Hudson's Hope Shoreline Protection.
- Provide $150,000 to the District of Hudson's Hope for the enhancement of Alwin Holland Park or other community shoreline recreation areas.Build a shoreline walking trail along the Hudson's Hope berm.
- Build a shoreline walking trail along the Hudson's Hope berm.
- Provide $200,000 for a community recreation site fund to support community groups in developing new shoreline recreation areas; designate $50,000 from the fund to develop recreation sites on the south bank of the Peace River.
- Build at least 20 new, long-stay, serviced RV spaces and parking at Peace Island Park.
- Build public viewpoints of the dam site on both the north and south bank.
- Invite local museums to participate in mitigation by funding the development or enhancement of heritage programming.
- Provide $200,000 to fund the development of a BC Peace River / Site C Reservoir Navigation and Recreation Opportunities Plan.