Conflict Resolution for land use & resources
TyPlan's professional staff are involved in land use and resource management projects contentious in nature that involve numerous stakeholders with varying positions. We use a common sense approach to address conflicting resource, environmental and social issues.
TyPlan understanding and use of various conflict resolution strategies (via moving from positions to interests) within a large stakeholder environment represents the cornerstone of this successful practice.
TyPlan has also provided expert witness testimony in this practice area.
- Northern Rockies Regional District/Town of Fort Nelson Capital Needs Assessment ( Northern Rockies Regional District, Town of Fort Nelson)
- Dunbar Community Centre Needs Assessment (Vancouver Parks Board)
- Aberthau Community Centre Needs Assessment (Vancouver Parks Board)
- Churchill Northern Studies Centre Needs Assessment (Churchill Northern Studies Centre)
- Site C Clean Energy Project Outdoor Recreation Management Plan (BC Hydro Golder)