Navigation & Transportation
We are able to handle a variety of Transportation Assements for Navigation, Rail & Aviation
For 35 years TyPlan has been involved in Navigation and Transportation related studies that focus on balancing the interrelationships between the marine, land use, resource and economic benefits of infrastructure investments. This includes being team members associated with Multiple Account Evaluations, writing of environmental assessments and supporting technical justification studies associated with the marine, socio-economic, economic and land use components of projects.
TyPlan authored the Federal governments Navigational Assessment Guidelines for Hydro Power Projects, has undertaken numerous channel design; vertical and horizontal clearance assessments, TyPlan also implements marine communication plans and construction staging strategies for the major bridge and infrastructure projects from a Navigational Assessment perspective. TyPlan is a member of the World Association of Waterborne Transport Infrastructure and supports clients endeavors associated with vessel simulation modeling via the BCIT Marine Campus, Maritime Institute of Technology and Graduate Studies (MITAGS), and the Pacific Maritime Institute (PMI) Maritime simulation and Resource Centre. TyPlan has also provided expert witness testimony in this practice area.
- Navigational Impact Assessments for Hydro Electric Projects (Run of River Power, Innergex, Brookfield Power, Wind River Power, Cloudworks Energy etc.)
- Site C Clean Energy Project Navigation and Aviation Assessment (BC Hydro)
- Port Mann Bridge Navigational Assessment (Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure,Ti Corp and Peter Kiewit Infrastructure Corp.)
- New Westminster Rail Bridge; Rail and Marine Market Demand Study (Transport Canada, Port Metro Vancouver and Gateway Council of BC)
- Royal Vancouver Yacht Club; Coal Harbour Marina Expansion Project, Channel Design and Marina Expansion (Royal Vancouver Yacht Club)
- Pitt River Bridge Navigational Assessment (Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure)
- Kanaka Bar to Herring Island Navigational Channel Design (Fraser River Port Authority/Port Metro Vancouver)
- Freemont Connector (City of Port Coquitlam)
- One Way Couplets Study (City of Kelowna)
- Pattullo Bridge Retrofit and Rehabilitation Project construction Access Plan